Grab Your Journal and Think
What have you been struggling with? What have you been meaning to turn into a habit? Try listing everything you can think of and then narrow it down to 10 or less to start with. Don't overwhelm yourself!! Below is my list of 10 daily things to focus on for my body and mind to stay healthy.
- I have two different card decks that I guess some call Oracle Cards, I like to call mine Focus Cards. The main question I have each morning is "What should I focus on today?" So now I plan on making it part of my morning routine. I shall pull one card from each deck, review the meaning in the provided guide books, and use those two cards to define my day.
- Use a ball as an office chair!
- Meditation. Even if it's only for 5 min.
- Journal therapy. Now this is between a couple different "journals". I have one for just writing, to pour out my thoughts, one after another. The next one is my Bullet Journal to remember what the hell I have going on in my life. And the final one is my work organizer - because having a color coded spreadsheet in front of me on one of my three screens just isn't enough!
- Take in the NOW. Live in the moment. Remember that each minute counts as something and I have to choose what to do with it.
- Stretch. Having my physical ailments, it's a necessity. I probably won't be dong a full yoga routine, but definitely going to throw some easy poses in there along with my old dancers' stretching routine.
- Gratitude. I shall write down 1-3 things a day, even super small things work, that I am happy about.
- Why I Like Me is a new page in my bullet journal that I plan on doing over and over again through the year. My plan is to write one thing a day, could just be an adjective that popped in my head that could be used to describe why I like me.
- Read for 10-15 minutes. Yes, every day! Anyone reading this who has kids has said this, probably a couple times in the evening, every evening….. of every school day….. for about 11 months out of the year. (Because usually that first month away from school during the summer - parents just say screw it, I need a break!) It's actually good for us adults too!
- Animal Therapy!! This one is my favorite and most days it gets done. I have three dogs, and a really fat Siamese kitty. When I'm working I focus on work, when the kids are home I focus on kids, hubby same thing, laundry, house chores, what's for dinner…. Between all that, is several trips to the back yard and feedings for the dogs. I try to cuddle and play with each of them, but sometimes I just get too caught up in winding down with TV or writing or social media. The closeness that I have with my dogs is important and truly helps me physically and emotionally.
What are some of your daily activities that you can't go without or new ideas you want to incorporate into your day? Are any of your items you listed like mine? What about suggestions for others? Comment below!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18177843/?claim=gdf9ge2kcp8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>